Brief updates- Incomplete process notes for Raspberry Pi setup
Lots of work still needed on the Pi setup process.
- Still trying to decide how much information to include here
- - Is it necessary to discuss initial image / OS installation, network setup,
- - This version assumes everything happens on the Pi - lots of pros & cons with this : )
- Still need to compile a section on device setup (hub/scanner/wifi) along with pros & cons of different device choices.
I would love to spend more time with someone discussing and either building or linking to information that helps myself and others understand what can be seen in the images.
- Root Growth
- Insect life / processes that we're able to see
- Soil type
- Seasonal differences
Last, another objective has been to get battery powered version running. I spent a couple hours today setting up a battery (on loan from the wonderful AADL). At roughly 500mA idle and 900mA scanning (figuring 1 min/scan) should provide plenty excess energy to document for a solid day. (27,000mAh Battery).
Though my current understanding is that I can not charge the battery AND power the setup at the same time. The specs for the battery specify a max of 1 Amp output. With a WiFi dongle power hitting 1007mAmps for roughly 30 seconds at a time. It was recommended I avoid exceed the max amperage, even if just a little.